Energy Dental is committed to staying at the forefront of dental innovations and advancements. Our dentists stay abreast of the latest developments in dentistry, and we use cutting-edge laser technologies to facilitate safe, precise, and comfortable treatments. We perform laser dentistry for a wide range of procedures, including treating decays and gum disease, teeth whitening, crown lengthening, and much more. Our treatments are safe, convenient, and comfortable.
What is laser dentistry?
Laser dentistry refers to using laser technologies to address dental concerns. Laser technologies can be used for numerous procedures related to the hard tissues, such as bone and teeth, and soft tissues, such as gums. Laser devices channel light energy in a narrow, focused beam to remove or reshape hard or soft tissues, thereby addressing your specific concerns. They’re safer, more predictable, and more comfortable than traditional dental equipment, such as drills.
What are the types of lasers used in dentistry?
Hard Tissue Lasers
Hard tissue lasers cut through bone and teeth. They send specific wavelengths of light absorbed by a mineral found in teeth, thereby shaping and contouring your teeth. Dentists generally use hard tissue lasers to repair damaged dental fillings, remove teeth structure, and shape your natural teeth structure for composite bonding. The procedure is usually painless and comfortable.
Soft Tissue Lasers
Soft tissue lasers cut through gum tissues. They send specific wavelengths of light absorbed by water and hemoglobin, the protein found in red blood cells. Dentists generally use soft tissue lasers to treat periodontitis, kill unwanted bacteria, and facilitate soft tissue regeneration. The procedure doesn’t cause any pain because soft tissue lasers seal nerve endings and blood vessels.
The benefits of
- Minimize post-treatment bleeding
- Faster recovery
- Minimal or no pain and discomfort
- No need for anesthesia
- Negligible risk of infections
- Optimal precision
- No need for post-surgery stitches
- Minimal or no downtime
Laser dentistry can be used for these procedures:
- Detecting cavities
- Killing the bacteria in dental cavities
- Preparing teeth for dental fillings
- Minimizing dental sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
- Reshaping gum tissues to correct a “gummy smile”
- Reshaping gum and bone tissue to lengthen the crown
- Viewing the insides of gums and teeth
- Removing benign tumors from gums, lips, cheeks, and the palate
- Reshaping the throat to alleviate breathing problems
- Reducing jaw inflammation
- Facilitating the regeneration of nerves and blood vessels
- Whitening and bleaching the teeth
Energy Dental is a state-of-the-art dental clinic that prides itself on staying at the forefront of dental innovations. Dr. Laya Omranian stays abreast of the latest developments in dentistry, and we use cutting-edge soft tissue and hard tissue lasers for numerous dental procedures. Our advanced laser capabilities allow us to address your concerns while ensuring optimal comfort, convenience, and precision. Please schedule an appointment to explore your laser dentistry options in Houston, TX.