If you’re missing all or most of your teeth, you might be considering your teeth replacement options. Most patients with missing teeth opt for complete dentures because they’re inexpensive, but they don’t provide the same functionality and cosmetic value as natural teeth. Single implants, meanwhile, are deemed impractical if you’re missing all of your teeth. At Energy Dental, we recommend the innovative Fix-on-Six technique to replace all of your missing teeth using only six strategically placed implants on each arch.
What is Fix-on-Six?
Fix-on-Six, also known as All-on-6, is an innovative dental implant technique that combines the capabilities of dental implants and complete dentures. Dr. Laya Omranian places titanium posts in six strategic locations on your jawbone, and these implants serve as the foundation for a complete denture. Over time, your jawbone tissues grow around the implants, firmly rooting them in place. Implant-supported dentures essentially become an integrated part of your dental anatomy, providing the same appearance and functionality and natural teeth.
The Benefits of Fix-on-Six:
- Only need six implants to replace an entire arch of missing teeth
- Provide a firm and stable base for complete dentures
- No need to remove the dentures regularly
- No risk of the dentures slipping or sliding out
- Look, feel, and function like natural teeth
- Similar maintenance as natural teeth
- Restore your ability to eat whatever you want
- Long-lasting and permanent replacement for missing teeth
- Support the jawbone and prevent resorption
Suitable Candidates for Fix-on-Six
Fix-on-Six is the ideal dental implant technique for patients missing all or most of their teeth. If you have one or two remaining teeth, the dentist may recommend extracting them and getting implant-supported dentures. However, you need to have sufficient jawbone tissues to facilitate optimal bone-implant bonding. If you don’t have enough jawbone tissues, Dr. Laya Omranian may recommend bone grafting to improve your jawbone profile and candidacy. We run numerous tests and exams to ensure you’re a suitable candidate for Fix-on-Six implants.
Fix-on-Six vs. Single Implants
- With single implants, you would need 28 implants to replace all missing teeth. However, Fix-on-Six allows you to replace all missing teeth with only 6 implants on each arch.
- Fix-on-Six is less costly and time-consuming than single implants for all missing teeth.
- You can replace all of your missing teeth in one session.
Energy Dental is a state-of-the-art dental clinic specializing in the latest dental implant techniques, including All-on-Four and Fix-on-Six. We carefully examine your teeth, discuss your goals, and review your dental history to curate a personalized treatment plan. Furthermore, we also design high-quality dentures that look and feel completely natural. We aim to give you a second chance with the perfect smile. Please schedule an appointment to explore your dental implant options in Houston, TX.