Tooth loss is a common problem that most people experience as they grow older. You may experience the loss of teeth for numerous reasons, such as accidents, injuries, periodontal decay, gum disease, and others. Missing teeth don’t just lead to self-consciousness and social anxiety, but it also affects your facial structure and overall oral health. At Energy Dental, we recommend multiple implants as the ideal teeth replacement solution for patients missing several teeth in a row.
What are multiple implants?
Multiple dental implants are for patients missing several teeth in a single row. Dr. Laya Omranian places a titanium screw (dental implant) into the jawbone underneath the empty socket of the first and last missing tooth. The titanium implants essentially replace the missing teeth’ root structure once your bone tissues grow around them, making them an intrinsic part of your dental anatomy.
Once your body has healed, the dentist attaches a connective post called an abutment to both the implants. Dental implants serve as a foundation for the dental bridge, which replaces all of your missing teeth. As such, multiple implants allow you to replace multiple teeth with two strategically positioned implants. You don’t need one implant for each missing tooth.
The benefits of multiple implants:
- Replace multiple missing teeth at once
- You don’t need one implant for each missing tooth
- Looks indistinguishable from natural teeth
- Provides a firm and stable base for the bridge
- Restore complete bite force
- Prevent jawbone deterioration
- Prevent the surrounding teeth from shifting
- Last a lifetime
Multiple implants vs. bridges
- Dental bridges must be supported by dental crowns on either side, which necessitates grinding down healthy abutment teeth. However, implant-supported bridges don’t involve filing down healthy teeth.
- Dental bridges can’t support the underlying jawbone, leading to bone resorption. However, implant-supported bridges prevent jawbone resorption, maintaining your facial anatomy.
- Dental bridges are only suitable for a maximum of four missing teeth in a row. However, multiple implants can replace multiple or even all of your teeth.
Energy Dental for Multiple Implants?
Energy Dental is a state-of-the-art dental clinic specializing in implant dentistry — we use the latest dental implant techniques and technologies to address your specific goals and concerns. Depending on your condition, we may recommend multiple implants, all-on-four, fix-on-six, or other dental implant options. Please schedule a consultation to explore your dental implant options in Houston, TX.